As the campaigns officially kick off on Wednesday, the candidate of the Young Progressives Party, YPP for Obingwa/Osisioma/Ugwunagbo Federal Constituency, Hon. Ibe Michael Nwoke, says the yearnings of the people is to enjoy the dividends of democracy as expected, regretting that the reverse has been the case in recent past.
In a statement he personally signed and issued to newsmen on Tuesday, Nwoke, stressed the need to effectively ensure that the people feel and enjoy the gains of democratic governance.
In his words, “It is imperative for me to step in, to answer the clarion call and to fill the void for the common good of the good people of Obingwa/Osisioma/Ugwunagbo federal constituency.
“I have a passion to bring quality representation to my people to fill the gap of unemployment especially among our youths, bring quality health care services, social amenities and other developmental projects that will benefit my people. I have done it before, and I will continue to do it.
“The clamour for young people to take over leadership across the globe begins now and we can get it right this time by leveraging on the opportunities that abound with the 2023 general elections and support our own to protect the generation after us”.
He added that his STRATEGY is simple and anchored on performance beyond legislation. while seeking the following:
- Engage with my people at all levels to understand their needs
- Ensure that federal government presence is felt at the three local governments in my constituency through infrastructure development and provision of social amenities
- An accessible office for all as always
- As a youth, I will ensure that young people within my constituency are carried along in any way that I can. This STRAYEGY is to help them improve their living conditions through education, empowerment, and skills development.
I will also create an open link with them for proper grooming and personal development for easy transfer of leadership through effective communication and healthy relationships with them.
- We will also create a programme that benefits the elderly after taking up their NEEDS assessment.
To go beyond everyday legislation and close the gap between the people and those at the top while serving as link between the led and the leaders.
To inspire young people, bring quality representation and create local opportunities for impact and even development.
Please note that our campaign shall be issue- based. We will not engage in the use of abusive languages or foul words as those do not represent us. I urge the EZIAHAKAEGO MOVEMENT, my team, teeming supporters,the youths in my constituency, and every one who believes in me to come on board and let’s achieve a better constituency.
Truly, Obingwa/Osisioma/Ugwunagbo Federal Constituency Deserve Better. The future we seek is now.
Leave a Reply