Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji on Saturday gave an update of his stewardship from his time in the House as Majority Leader from 2015 – 2019, and as Speaker from 2019 till date.
Reeling out his report to stakeholders of the Umuahia Central State Constituency, Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji said he was delighted with his journey with the people so far and told them to expect more from him as their representative. He thanked leaders of the various wards in the Constituency for holding the ground and ensuring peace, cohesion and growth of the party in their various wards, challenging them to ensure that the party keeps leading and winning in every election season to ensure that the progress being experienced in the constituency is not rolled back.
The projects embarked upon by the Speaker include:
1. Umuagom Water Project
2. Umuobasi Water Project
3. Amokwe Water Project
4. World Bank Estate Health Centre Water Project
5. World Bank Estate Pry School Water Project
6. Union Pry School Water Project
7. Ohokobe Enyiukwu Water Project
8. Orie Ugwu Okwulaga Afaraukwu Water Project
9. Ohobo Okwulaga Afaraukwu Water Project
10. Finbarr’s Road Water Project
11. Methodist Pry School Water Project
12. Amuzukwu Girls’ Secondary School Water Project
13. Amuzukwu Pry School Water Project
14. Amuzukwu Mbaraukwu Water Project
15. School Rd Pry School Water Project
16. Loriter Pry School Water Project
17. St Michael’s Pry School Water Project
18. Methodist Girls’ High School Water Project
RENOVATION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF SCHOOLS
1. Ugba Community Pry School
2. Urban Mission Hill Nursery/Pry School
3. Union Pry School
4. School Road Pry
5. St. Stephen’s Primary School, Umuahia – perimeter fencing and one classroom block
6. World Bank Primary School
7. Urban Primary School II
8. Amuzukwu Girls’ Secondary School – reroofing of some classroom blocks, a toilet facility and regrassed the school field
9. School of the Blind
10. Ugwunchara Pry School, Umuahia
11. Umuwaya Primary School, Umuahia
12. City Nursery & Pry School III
13. Loriter Pry School – 3-classroom block, 3-room toilet facility
14. St Michael’s Pry School – renovated a classroom block, fencing of the school
16. Methodist Girls’ High School – six-classroom block, a toilet facility.
17. Afara Technical School
18. School Road Pry School
1. Completed the Amuzukwu Women Town Hall
2. Umuwaya Village Hall
1. Free Eye/Medical Outreach
2. World Bank Health Centre
1. Isieke Community Mini Stadium
2. St Stephen’s Pry School Mini Stadium
3. Ubakala Mini Stadium
4. Olokoro Mini Stadium
5. Umuopara Mini Stadium
6. Ikwuano Mini Stadium
7. Ohuhu Mini Stadium
ICT TRAINING OF YOUTHS
1. Close to 200 youths being trained in various relevant aspects of ICT, free of charge
2. Amuzukwu internal roads
a. Umuokoo Road
b. Amuzukwu to Umuezeagwu
c. Umuwaya Mbaraukwu Link Road
ABIA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
1. Renovation of House of Assembly Complex
Scholarships were awarded to indigent students
Start up capital were given to young entrepreneurs.
MSME operators were empowered with needed work tools like power generating sets, barbing kits, grinding machines, hairdressing machines, etc.
Vehicles were also gifted to youths as empowerment items.
Electricity Transformers were installed for various communities:
2. Mbaraukwu amuzukwu,
3. St Stephens Cathedral,
4. Umuobasi Ugba,
5. Nkata Ibeku and
In continuation of his mission to keep empowering the people, Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji gave out 5 Toyota Sienna SUVs to various leaders of Umuahia Central State Constituency. The beneficiaries are:
1. Mr Chukwudi Ezebuiro
2. Prince Ben Okezie
3. Mr Ossy Aguiyi
4. Mr Emeh Odeghe Onyike
5. Mr Augustin Ibeh
The Speaker reminded the people that nobody’s political ambition is worth sacrificing the peace of Hythe constituency for and urged all political aspirants and their supporters to comport themselves in manners that are true reflections of the character of the constituency. He stated that anyone in the constituency was free to aspire for any political office in the coming election season.
Also speaking at the meeting, Chief Charles Ogbonnaya (Evuleogu Ibeku) said it was obvious that the constituency did not make a mistake in electing Rt Hon Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji into the Assembly as he has surpassed all expectations by far and urged the people to repay the Speaker’s commitment to them by demonstrating even greater dedication to his future political endeavours.
Others who spoke at the meeting thanking the Speaker for his magnanimity are Dr Udochukwu Ogbonna, Hon Peter Obinna Iroegbu, Sir Pat Mgbemena and the Traditional Prime Minister of Ibeku Ancient Kingdom, Chief Uchenna Akwukwegbu (Bawas).
Father of the constituency, Hon Chief Godfrey Onyemaobi was also present.